Join us at the Inaugural SLO Coast Wine Classic!
We invite you to join us Saturday, April 2, 2022 at Dinosaur Caves Park in Pismo Beach for a day of wine tasting, fantastic food, mingling with winemakers, and our premier wine and lifestyle auction. Join us for this one-of-a-kind wine experience on the coast!
Join us for two educational Winemaker Seminars, a Sparkling Wine Reception, and Winemaker Lunch, followed by our exciting, annual Live Auction fundraiser. See details below.
Our member wineries have curated some spectacular, intimate wine experiences to enjoy on the central coast. They have dug into their wine cellars and put together some incredible wine packages for you to savor the best part of the SLO Coast with family and friends.
Our hotel partner, Vespera Resort on Pismo Beach, is offering about 30% off rooms for SLO Coast Wine Classic attendees! Use this link: Book your group rate for SLO Coast Wine Block.
Tickets are $240 per person, all inclusive.
SLO Coast Wine Classic Event Schedule:
- 9:30 am – 10 am: Check in and Live Auction registration
- 10 am – 11 am: Wine Seminar I featuring six wines from SLO Coast Wine producers, moderated by Matt Kettmann, contributing editor of Wine Enthusiast
- 11 am – 11:30 am: Sparkling Wine Reception
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Wine Seminar II featuring six wines from SLO Coast Wine producers, moderated by Matt Kettmann, contributing editor of Wine Enthusiast
- 12:30 pm – 1 pm: Sparkling Wine Reception
- 1 pm – 2 pm: Winemaker Lunch with SLO Coast Winemakers, catered by Chef Jeffrey Scott (get details & menu below)
- 2 pm – 3 pm: Premier wine and lifestyle Live Auction featuring curated packages by SLO Coast member wineries
During our Wine Seminars, you’ll taste through six SLO Coast wines and hear from the producers, moderated by Matt Kettmann, writer, editor, and photographer based in Santa Barbara, California. Matt is the senior editor of The Santa Barbara Independent and a contributing editor for Wine Enthusiast, covering the wines, vineyards, and winemakers of California’s Central Coast.
Sparkling Wine Reception
Relax with oceanside breezes in our Sparkling Wine lounge, where 10 SLO Coast wineries will pour their award-winning bubblies, from sparkling wines made in the méthode champenoise to fun pétillant naturels.
Sparkling wines include:
- Baileyana Winery Brut Rosé
- Center of Effort Effortvescence
- Chamisal Vineyards Sparkling Wine
- Cutruzzola Vineyards Blanc de Noir
- Dunites Wine Co. Pétillant Naturel
- Laetitia Vineyard & Winery Brut Rosé and Brut de Blancs
- Niner Wine Estates Cuvée Brut Nature
- Sinor-LaVallee Pétillant Naturel
- Stephen Ross Blanc de Noir
- Wolff Vineyards Blanc de Blanc
Don’t miss this gorgeous luncheon, where you’ll sit, discuss and taste with SLO Coast Winemakers, catered by Chef Jeffrey Scott.
TRIO OF FLAVORS & TEXTURES:
- Heirloom beet lollypop, local chevre, hazelnuts
- Ora King Salmon rillettes, brioche, candied citrus
- Miso charred beef loin, pommery mustard aioli
CHILLED FREE RANGE CHICKEN TAGINE:
Pearl couscous, almonds, sultanas, currants, Moroccan olives, pomegranate gastrique, ginger-carrot glace
TANGERINE OLIVE OIL CAKE:
Brown butter frosting, whipped mascarpone,
The event will highlight the sustainable and adaptive farming and winemaking practices that wineries from the SLO Coast employ along with the unique coastal qualities and terroir of the SLO Coast.